Auburn Riverside Student Voice

InFlight

Meet the new executive board

Bella Coronado, Staff Reporter

Vice President Drake Pearisaeff has many fresh ideas and changes to bring to ASB. With new responsibilities, he is most looking forward to being able to be more involved in the school and improving the school environment and community. To be a good leader, he plans to do his best to lead by example. He also plans to be a voice for students who need one. He wants to talk to students face to face, reach out, and use their ideas or thoughts. Pearisaeff wants the school to be an environment where students feel like they belong. “To have a school that is entirely excepting,” he said.

James Halford, President, is excited for the coming school year. Previously a freshman senator and sophomore spirit chair, Halford is looking forward to the opportunity to make the school a better place. He is also looking forward to working with the other new board members. It is important for the school president to be a leader to all students. Halford will strive to be the best leader possible. “Just giving my all, all the time,” he said. Things that he would like to see differently next year at Riverside is an increase in student participation. He would like to see more students supporting each other at games and other school events. Keeping the family feel of Riverside, Halford hopes to continue to include everyone.

Daniel Naraverrete, next year’s public relations officer, is excited to just be on ASB next year and to work with the new group of people. His title includes getting the message out for school events. He will also be making connections with students. His goals are to put in all his work and effort into ASB, and doing what is best for the whole school.

Treasurer Jai’shon Berry is excited to be on ASB next school year. He hopes to get to know the school better by being a part of the community. His job includes keeping track of the ASB budget, signing paperwork, and making sure everyone is doing what they need to. He plans to be the best leader possible by giving people an example to be the best that they can be.

Stephanie Neu, secretary, is ready to keep ASB on track and organized. Neu explained that ASB life can be chaotic at times, with such a huge student body and stress from other things outside of school. She wants to make sure they are keeping everything together despite that. She will be making sure they are where they need to be, so they are later able to follow through with all the fun stuff they plan. She also wants to make sure that activities reach all parts of the school, reaching out to all students. She plans to keep the family spirit together. “Not only to be more organized . . . but to really make sure these fun things are directed towards [students].”