Day In The Life: Myriah Dittmar

PHOTO COURTESY CLAIRE STUBBS

Myriah in one of her stellar senior pictures.

PJ Sills, Managing Editor

InFlight: What is your favorite hobby or pastime?

MD: “My favorite hobby is sleeping, because I don’t get enough of it, and when I have free time, I sleep. My friends will ask me if I want to hang out, and I’ll say, ‘sorry, I’m sleeping'”.

InFlight: What is your favorite part about ARHS?

MD: “The culture, it’s a very connected school and I feel like everyone has a voice, compared to other high schools”.

InFlight: What do you plan to do after high school?

MD: “Right now, I’m debating between going to PLU because I have an opportunity for a full ride and Pierce Community College in Puyallup to pursue a degree in journalism, and transfer to WSU after two years”.

InFlight: Walk me through your regular daily routine.

MD: “I wake up at 6:30, and then leave my house at 6:45 every morning for ASB at 7:00. After school I usually go home, play with my dog, and then usually go to work at Taco Time in Lakeland for a solid five hours”.

InFlight: If you could have one superpower what would it be?

MD: “It’s not a superpower, it’s a superpower item. I want Hermione’s time-turner necklace, because do you know how much I could get done? Or it could just give me time to procrastinate more”.

InFlight: Who are some of your favorite music artists and why?

MD: “Marc E. Bassy because all of his music is kind of rap, but it’s very soulful”.

InFlight: favorite meal or restaurant?

MD: “Probably Panda Express, and I’d get fried rice and orange chicken”.

InFlight: Who in your life would you consider to be your greatest inspiration?

MD: “My old ski racing coach, Shep Snow, because he basically taught me everything I know, not only about the sport, but also how to succeed in things, no matter how difficult things may seem, and that practice makes perfect”.

InFlight: If you were to meet someone new, and you’d want them to know one thing and one thing only about yourself, what would you want them to know?

MD: “I would definitely want them to know that I am very passionate about what I do, no matter what it is”.