Girls swim headed to state

The+girls+swim+team+competes+as+much+individually+as+they+do+as+a+whole+team.+

The girls swim team competes as much individually as they do as a whole team.

ZaReah Barren, Editor-in-Chief

Girls swim and dive has students that qualify for the state championships. State is on November 9 and 10 at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way. On November 9, the state preliminaries will begin at 4:45 p.m., and on November 10 the state finals will begin at 6:00 p.m.

The team went undefeated all season and placed fourth at districts. They also finished at the league championship meet, and won their third consecutive league title in the regular season.

The girls will be competing at state in individual swims and also in the 200 and 400 free relays and the 200 medley relay. The girls competing relays will be Kyra Brandt, Peyton Fulmer, Kaelie Allan, Ashley Ray, Zoe Harris, Kaitlyn Anardi, Chloe Edwards and Shae Fairchild. The girls competing in individual events will be Ashley Ray, Peyton Fulmer, Zoe Harris and Kaelie Allan.

The girls have been bonding and preparing for state all season, and are excited to compete at the state championships.

“We love to have fun together at practice and have team bonding dinners”, senior Shae Fairchild said. “The bond we develop over the season helps us have a positive spirit when we compete”.

The girls swim team is excited for their upcoming competition and holds high hopes going into state.