This year’s Homecoming nominees

Senior Erin Kijak on senior night las Friday.

Maddy Taylor, Staff Reporter

This year Riverside’s homecoming court is switching things up. Instead of nominating whoever we want to you nominate people you feel have contributed to the school this year in a positive way.

One of the nominees is senior Ariel Dye. She is a part of the cheer team along with senior Erin Kijak who is also one of the nominees and freshman Madalynn Turner. The cheerleaders help set up homecoming and play a large role in the preparation for homecoming. These three always make sure the school is filled with cheer so it’s no wonder they are some of the nominees.

Seniors Abigail Juth and Jaxayra Garcia are two more of the homecoming nominees. “I’m nervous to get called down”, Garcia said. “I’m surprised [that I was chosen to be nominated]”, said Juth. Both girls seemed shocked that they were nominated but kept a smile on their face.

Peyton Scheschy and Marcus Sutrick are two more of our seniors that were nominated. These two make an impact by being a friendly face on sports teams. Sutrick said that it “Feels pretty good [to be nominated]”. Sutrick also said that he tries to be friendly to everyone and is very involved in cross country. “It’s alright [being nominated]”, Scheschy said, seemingly surprised to be one of the nominees.

Drew Bates, Parker Cacatain, and Sam Erickson are three of the junior nominees this year. “It’s cool to see that your classmates respect you”, Erickson said. Bates said that he feels like he is very involved the arts and ASB so it’s no surprise he is one of the top six junior nominees. “It feels nice [getting nominated]”, Cacatain said. These three are honored to be three of the junior nominees.

Sophomores Dawson Abbe, Ashlyn Dang and Emily Paris seemed pretty shocked to be nominated for this years homecoming court. “I’m surprised but it’s an honor to be nominated”, Dang said. Paris, who’s very involved in ASB, was surprised to be nominated even though she feels she tries to treat everyone with kindness. Abbe says he is involved in multiple sports but is still surprised to be nominated.

Watch out for these students at this year’s homecoming!

About the Writer
Maddy Taylor, Staff Reporter

Hey I’m Maddy and this is my first time writing for Inflight and second time being on a newspaper staff. I was editior-in-chief at my middle school and can’t wait to keep writing. I’m in tenth grade and am so excited to write for the paper this year.