Seniors plans for after high school

This+is+the+senior+picture+from+the+2018-2019+yearbook.+

Seniors plans for after high school

This is the senior picture from the 2018-2019 yearbook.

Maddy Taylor, Staff Reporter

The 2019 school year is coming to a close, and the seniors have lots of mixed emotions about the final chapter of high school. When polled, almost all of the senior class said they had experienced senioritis during the school year. The nerves surrounding graduation and moving on with life can be very scary for some people, but others can’t wait to get out of here.

While the stress of school ending is coming up quickly, many seniors are excited about their plans after high school. According to our poll released last week, 90 percent of the seniors who responded said that they will be attending college in the fall, with the most popular college being Green River College here in Auburn. The second highest college ARHS seniors will be attending is Western Oregon University.

Some of the senior class will be focusing on getting a job first before or instead of college. 4.6 percent of those polled said they will be focusing on starting their career straight out of high school and will then consider college after. The rest of the responses were undecided on what their after high school plans are.

Luckily for them, the seniors have the rest of summer to make their final decisions on what they will be doing this fall.