Seniors looking back at their time at Riverside

Connor+Foster

Connor Foster

Connor Foster

Connor Foster

Connor Foster

Hanna Andersson, Staff Reporter

Graduation is just around the corner and InFlight has decided to highlight some of the amazing seniors from the class of 2019 here at Riverside.

Valeria Munoz

Valeria Munoz

Outgoing Valeria Munoz has plans on going to Green River College for two years after graduation, and then finishing the last two years at the University of Washington.

“I’ve been thinking of [majoring in] communications or business,” and besides college she also wants to do something that interests her. “I like dancing a lot, I like singing and I’m trying to learn the guitar but it’s hard,” she says laughing.

She tells me that looking back at the years here at Riverside, they have been fun and a valuable lesson that she has learned here is that “you have to be doing your own stuff, you can’t worry about other people all the time.”

Munoz’s senior year has been both good and stressful and she has mixed feelings about graduating. “I’m excited, but kind of scared at the same time, because I’m going to go out in the real world,” she says with a slightly nervous smile.

Alex Landin-Soto

Alex Landin-Soto

Alex Landin-Soto plans on going to a community college like Green River. He wants to major in business, get a business degree and then later in life get a good-paying job in that field. Outside of school, one of his interests is working on cars.

He tells me about his first impression of Riverside and his first day of freshman year. “I remember the first day of freshman year, it was just different from middle school. It was a good different,” he says. “I just didn’t feel as pressured as I did in middle school.”

When he thinks back on his years in high school, he says that they have been good. “But one thing I regret is skipping, sophomore year, cause that kind of messed up my grades,” he tells me. If he could give any advice to younger high school students he says that it would be to “to listen to the teachers, and actually come to school, and don’t skip cause that’ll affect you in the future.”

Like most seniors, graduation is something that Landin looks forward to. “I can’t wait to graduate, I’m just tired of school,” he says laughing.

Connor Foster

Connor Foster

Connor Foster is planning on going to Green River for two years and then transferring to the University of Hawaii at Manoa. “I’m planning on majoring in astronomy, and get a minor in either psychology or computer science,” he says.

One specific memory from his time here at Riverside is when Foster did the announcements for ASB for the first time. “I remember the first time I did the announcements for ASB, that was pretty cool. That’s probably going to stick with me for a while. It went as planned, I did it and it didn’t go bad or anything,” he says with a laugh.

Even though Foster explains that his senior year has been a little bit chaotic, he looks back at it with joy. “I feel like it was great, and the teachers were great.” His favorite subjects in school has been astronomy and Japanese.

One thing that he has learned here at Riverside is to “keep looking forward. I guess don’t get stuck in the now, cause there is a future ahead for everybody,” he tells me. “Not everything that is affecting you know will last or stay.”