Band student Elizabeth Harvey moves forward

Connor MacDougall, Staff Reporter

Senior Elizabeth Harvey will be attending Central Washington University this year, where she will major in Music Education on a music scholarship. Some of her best memories throughout high school are rooted in her experiences with band.

“I got to travel all over the state to play music as well as go to Disneyland my freshman and junior years,” recalls Harvey. “This year I was the drum major of the marching band, the TA for the freshman band where I got to practice teaching, and the band president.”

Harvey also had notable accomplishments throughout her high school band career. She talks about making Washington Solo & Ensemble contest a the the state level two years in a row as a soloist, and three years in the ensembles.

“This year I competed in four categories at state,” Harvey says. “Which is something I am very proud of.”

When asked what she’ll miss most about Auburn Riverside the most, Harvey speaks about her appreciation of the school staff.

“The Auburn Riverside faculty and staff truly care about the well-being of all their students,” says Harvey. “I always felt safe, respected, and valued at school.”

As Harvey moves ahead in life, she’s excited to venture into college and find new experiences.

“I’m very excited to join the music program at CWU because it is a competitive, but very constructive environment that I think I can thrive in,” Harvey tells. “I’m also excited to meet a ton of new people and make new friends.”