Pancake breakfast for student body approaches fast

This Friday you can enjoy pancakes with friends while helping out fellow Ravens. This fundraiser is a way to get involved with the school.

ZaReah Barren, Editor-in-Chief

The pancake breakfast is coming around again this Friday, May 24. This annual event is close to the heart and spirit of Auburn Riverside and the student population.

The breakfast is about more than eating pancakes while socializing with friends, it also serves as a fundraiser for Invest Ed, a program that allows financial support for underprivileged students at Riverside. The funds that come from the pancake breakfast allows these students to excel in extracurriculars and academically.

“[The pancake breakfast] not only gives students a chance to interact and bond with each other, but also raises funds for Invest Ed,” junior Rayna Ojas said.

ASB is helping put on the all-you-can-eat fundraiser and will be the ones making the pancakes, as well as providing an array of toppings to enjoy with pancakes. There will be fruit, regular, and chocolate chip and cinnamon pancakes available at different booths in the Commons. 

Pancakes are available for $5 before school from 7:30-8:00 a.m. in the Commons. Whole classes can also participate in the fundraiser for $50 during first period. The funds can be paid to the book keeper, Becky Thibodeau, before Friday morning or paid at the door.

The Jazz Band will be performing throughout the fundraiser, and ASB has games planned throughout the morning as well. According to the Auburn Riverside homepage, if students and staff wear Raven Pride, they will receive a temporary tattoo.