Outstanding student achievement: Tri Pham

On whether Pham thinks he can take the responsibility of being a Japanese emperor-

On whether Pham thinks he can take the responsibility of being a Japanese emperor-"that’s a lot of responsibility and a lot of political work that I’m just not willing to do. But I’d for sure take the free trips to Japan."

PHOTO COURTESY OF TRI PHAM

PHOTO COURTESY OF TRI PHAM

PHOTO COURTESY OF TRI PHAM

Alexus Jacobs, Staff Reporter

Realistic, extroverted, lively, and eccentric, junior Tri Pham leads a seemingly simple life. What people don’t know is that Pham actually is a professional gamer and of royal Japanese descent.

“I feel that I have a pretty interesting life considering all the hobbies I’ve picked up over the years, and all the careers I’ve managed throughout my early life,” Pham reflected. “I’m very invested into video-games, so much so I went professional for a while. But nowadays, I’m more into DJing, making music, and doing a lot of graphic design artwork.”

Pham used his passion for video-games to do charitable work, something that he believes is his offering to better the world.

“When I did professional gaming I did publicity streams to help raise awareness and fund raise for cancer research and other charities,” Pham says.

As for how he realized his royal roots, Pham, “…took a 23 and Me test, and through my mother’s lineage, I apparently share blood with a Hojo clan subsidiary.”

However, Pham admits that while he has passion as well as class, he often tends to slack off.

“…I’ve received a lot of statements from my teachers, where they’ve said I know the material well, I’m just too lazy to do the work. It’s just a really bad habit, that I need to break.”

With a sense of humor, he even compared himself to a koala.

“[My spirit animal is] a koala, because you know how they evolved specifically to eat eucalyptus plants even though they have no nutritional value? I’ve evolved to procrastinate heavily and spend 34 hours awake.”

Typical for a teenager these days, and yet Pham has set high goals for himself. He plans on graduating from Riverside before going to a four-year college and getting a bachelor’s in graphic design.