Jasmine Williams recognized as an underrated student

Jasmine+Williams+playing+in+the+JV+Enumclaw+vs.+Riverside+soccer+game.+Williams+prefers+to+play+outside+back+in+soccer.+

Jasmine Williams playing in the JV Enumclaw vs. Riverside soccer game. Williams prefers to play outside back in soccer.

Maddy Taylor, Staff Reporter

Jasmine Williams, a junior here at Riverside, was nominated by her English teacher for being a student worth recognizing. Williams is on the soccer team at Riverside, playing outside back on the team. Soccer is a big part of Williams’s life, and she plans on continuing to play soccer even after high school.

Williams goal for post-high school life is to go to college in Oregon and play soccer there. She wants to go to school there because of her love for the state and the people in it. Williams has lots of family there and loves spending time on the Oregon coast because of their beautiful beaches.

“I feel really comfortable there [Oregon] and I like going to the beaches there,” Williams said.

Another big part of Williams life is her friends. One of her favorite parts of school is being able to see her friends so often and being able to grow up with them.

“[My biggest is fear is] losing my friends probably. They’re a really big part of my life, like a really big part.”

One of Williams biggest challenges that she has overcome has been balancing between club sports and school. She has really learned how to balance those two commitments and succeed in both.

Williams describes herself as loving, hardworking, and positive. It’s no question as to why a teacher nominated her as an underrated student here at Riverside.