The 2019 track season

Track runners take their starting positions. This time, they’re up against runners from Auburn Mountainview.

Nick Rhodes-Huwe, Staff Reporter

Track and field, or more specifically track, is a sport that involves many events which includes running, jumping, throwing, and many other multiple events which includes walking events and marathoning. Track and field is also one of the oldest sports, dating back to the ancient times where they would hold the Ancient Olympic Games.

This year at Riverside, the track season has been pretty successful so far. Senior Marcus Sutrick who is a distance runner has broken his personal record this season and shows no signs so far of slowing down. He placed first in the 800 meter with his time of 2:01.09 which broke his outdoor personal best.

“I thought it was good because I came in first in my first meet in 100 and triple jump,” said Junior Jarrece Garner. “I think the team did good overall with pushing each other.”

Senior Noah Elwell also came in first in the 400 and met his outdoor personal best with 52.03 at Todd Beamer High School.

Overall, Riverside boys have won one meet and lost two while the girls overall have won two and lost one. Though, the season is still going so there’s still more to expect and look out for. Track is expected to do well, and many more athletes are bound to break even more personal records.