Spring break cancelled

Seniors+are+shocked+to+learn+that+spring+break+is+being+taken+from+them.+

Spring break cancelled

Seniors are shocked to learn that spring break is being taken from them.

Ellie Walter, Business Manager

Due to the major winter storms that took place in mid-February spring break this year has been cancelled. The school district decided on this because the school year was going to go until July 32.

“I was very happy that we canceled spring break because I had plans to sit in my couch all of July,” said language arts teacher Crystal Conant.

Due to cancelling spring break school will now only run until July 30, so the improvement is very well seen.

“The snow days were fun because I got a lot time to myself and to hang with friends,” junior redhead Kade Purcell said. “But I am not very excited to go to school so late because it messes with my plans to get tan this summer.”

Auburn Riverside is the only school in the Auburn school district, the state, and the country to stay open this late, but in a statement released by the district it said, “We know that we are going a tad later then other places however, it is to ensure that our students understand what it is like to work in hot conditions as our air conditioning does not work.”

Students have mixed reactions over this statements as they do not what to go this late, when school will also be starting on August 30.

“I am not sure how I will do anything this summer when we have so little time. I really just want to hang out by the lake with my friends that go to other schools but I can’t,” said Freshman Alisia Silverthorn.

Junior Duce Garner said, “ I had plans this summer. I don’t understand why we gotta go this late.”

Disclaimer: All information in this article is fake. This is a satire article.