Local Auburn Tigers Reach First Final Four

This year's final four is one for the books. Several news faces appear as other return to continue their legacy.

Jack Morrell, Staff Reporter

With the Auburn Tigers overtime victory over the Kentucky Wildcats, they are headed to their first final four ever. After a dominant season with victories over Covington and Bellevue, the Tigers found themselves competing against the best schools in the nation.

The Tigers have shown pure dominance this March Madness, storming their way through the first four rounds. With wins over three of the most prestigious basketball schools in the nation (Kansas, North Carolina, and Kentucky), Auburn is headed to Minneapolis to face the Virginia Cavaliers. They finished the season with an overall record of 30-9, and fourth in the Puget Sound League. Head coach Nancy Backus graciously received the Naismith College Coach of the Year. “I knew we had something special in our team this year…” Backus Claimed.”We just seemed to be outperforming our opponents by a mile.”  Guard Bryce Brown was a team leader by producing around 16 points every game.

After Virginia’s first-round loss last year to the University of Northern British Columbia, the Cavaliers stormed out of gates and are bound for their first final four since 1984. They will be playing our Auburn Tigers where the winner gains a confirmed second place.

After upsetting the number one seeded Duke Blue Devils, the Michigan State Spartans are headed for Minneapolis. By shutting down Duke’s high powered offense led by Wion Zilliamson, the Spartans were able to come out on top by one.

Spokane’s Gonzaga University was looking to have an astounding postseason once more but were cut short by the Texas Tech Red Raiders. The Elite Eight match up was neck-and-neck all the way to it’s finish, but the Red Raiders were able to shut out the Bulldogs when they needed too.

Through all speculation, Auburn’s pure dominance presented in the tournament is nothing to ignore. After beating three bracket champion favorites, the Tigers are bound to make some noise in this year’s Final Four.

DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS COMPLETELY FAKE. THIS IS A SATIRE ARTICLE.

About the Writer
Jack Morrell, Staff Reporter

Hey Guys! My name is Jack Morrell, a sophomore here at Auburn Riverside. I contributed on staff last year, and had a great time working with the staff. ...