The Truth Behind The “E-Girl” and “E-Boy” Trend

PHOTO CREDIT TO WEB.STAGRAM.COM
This is a pretty common

PHOTO CREDIT TO WEB.STAGRAM.COM This is a pretty common "E-Girl" look, the key parts being the blush and the hearts. Light, matte eye shadow is also common.

Grace Humphries, Staff Reporter

E-Girls and E-Boys, a trend among teens that’s been growing recently. Primarily found on the lip sync app “Tik Tok”, these “E-Girls/Boys” have a very distinct style. It’s usually described as “edgy” and “dark”. Girls typically wear skirts or ripped “mom jeans” and long sleeved shirts under short sleeve t-shirts. For makeup, it’s fake eyelashes, eyeliner, airbrushed skin, and lots of blush with little hearts drawn on their cheeks. E-Boys generally have messy, 90’s inspired hair and worn-out jean jackets. Stripes and chains are popular in both groups.

This trend seemed to have come out of nowhere, growing at an outrageous rate. They tend to live within “Tik Tok,” an app that roughly 80 percent of American teens have downloaded. Where did this trend come from? The government. It’s no secret that the government has been actively trying to brainwash America for decades, so why not target the youth? Either they’re an E-Girl/Boy, or they’re part of the group that jokes about them. Either way, they are thinking the same way as many other people their age. The purpose of the trend is to give teens and kids the “herd mentality,” to follow what everyone else is doing. It’s getting rid of actual individuality by making this “unique” style a trend. This gives teens the impression of having their own style, while still having them subconsciously mimic others. If everyone is just playing “follow the leader,” that makes these young minds that much easier to manipulate.

These “E-Girls/Boys” also tend to romanticize and joke about things such as anxiety and depression, making it seem “cool” to be mentally ill. And when these kids start to become convinced that they have these illnesses, they become increasingly weak emotionally. That weakness also makes them easier to control.

“When I talked about my depression, I got a lot of comments talking about how relatable I was, it was pretty worrying,” said a Tik Tok/YouTube star who prefers to remain anonymous.

But why target kids and teens? Why not everyone? Well, adults tend to have have set views and ways of thinking, so it’s relatively hard to change them. But youths still have developing minds, and they’re trying to find who they are. The American Government is taking advantage of this and trying to prepare them for mind control in a way that’s “cool” and “trendy”, just making it that much easier.

DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FAKE. THIS IS A SATIRE ARTICLE.

About the Writer
Grace Humphries, Staff Reporter

My name is Grace Humphries, and I'm new to newspaper this semester. For the first half of this year, I took Journalism so that I could join this team....