Juice WRLD: ‘Death Race For Love’

Jarad Higgins (20) releases his sophomore album, 'Death Race For Love'.

Jack Morrell, Staff Reporter

A new era of rap music is among us. Rapper Jarad Higgins, or more commonly known as Juice WRLD recently released his sophomore album, Death Race for Love. Death Race for Love is Juice WRLD’s second complete album, with him releasing Goodbye and Good Riddance in the middle months of 2018.

His first album was a huge success, selling over 1,000,000 units. Songs “Lucid Dreams and “All Girls are the Same were fan favorites, and he collaborated with other popular artists, such as Lil Uzi Vert. Higgins combines the fast paced and intense tempo of modern rap music with a series of lyrics linking with the more faded music genre, emo. Journalists at Billboard refer to him as, “the new Michael Jackson.”

After a summer of feedback, Juice WRLD began composing Death Race for Love. After its release, several other artists had positive comments such as Nicki Minaj, YNW Melly, and Ski Mask the Slump God. Both singles “Robbery and “Hear Me Calling were added into the album with its complete release. The album has a total of 22 songs, with collaborations with Yung Thug, Clever, and Brent Faiyaz. According to website hiphop-n-more, “Juice is projected to sell 140k–165k copies with 37k-42k of those as pure sales. This is currently set to comfortably secure him the #1 spot this week and will be the best first week total for a Hip-Hop album in 2019 so far.”

Based on Higgins’s past success, he is projected to be prominent artist in the future of hip hop music. His continuous output of music keeps fans on their toes and the music industry focused on the future of Juice WRLD.