Auburn Riverside Student Voice

InFlight

Summer break too short

CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE, COMMONS.WIKIMEDIA.ORG

The summer has long been a favorable tradition among teenagers

Sasha Terry, staff reporter

School will come to an end soon and summer vacation will begin! Some students don’t like the break because it’s too long from the school year and they would like to continue learning. Other students like the break because they want to have fun in the sun and hang out with friends. I like summer because it gives me a break from tests. But is it too short? I definitely think so.

Summertime is a necessary break from the stress of school and allows students to just be teenagers and recuperate from the long, harsh months of the school year.

With only two months to break from school, I think that it’s not enough time to allow students to really just act their age and be irresponsible and relaxed.

I believe that summer gives students a break from school and to have fun in the sun for a couple months. Its also a break from school and homework.

Seniors wait for the vacation to start so they can attend college later this year.

Senior Tristen Tracey thinks summer vacation is important. “I feel like the break is enough time away from school and it’s anticipated on getting out of high school,” he said.

The vacation is supposed to give students a break from learning and time to relax.

Some students believe the breaks should be longer. “I get to tan all summer and I get to play summer basketball,” sophomore Adrianna Chavez said. “The break should be a month longer because summer goes by too fast.” Given the brevity of our summer vacation, I wholeheartedly  support the extension of the summertime months.

Some students spend their summer vacation in states outside of Washington. Most of the time the weather during summer is hot, and students spend time in the sun.

“I feel like it’s time to relax,” freshman Josh Morisawa said. “It’s not too hot and not too cold.”

Exactly.

Relaxing in the summer between each school year is necessary, and if anything, should be longer.

1 Comment

One Response to “Summer break too short”

1. . on May 19th, 2017 6:35 pm

“break from tests?” that’s the only thing you look forward to summer vacation for? THat’s sad that y’all like school and homework so much. If anything, kids used to look to summer break as a break from school, but now looks like kids LOVE homework but just dislike tests(due to tests’ greater weight).

[Reply]

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Society shapes teen summer body insecurities

• Summer break too short

Opinion

School start times equal more sleep for teens

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Snapchat streak pointlessness

• Summer break too short

Opinion

RompHims: sublime, sensational, sexy

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Education vs. teachers’ lives

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Why cats make purr-fect pets

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Stereotypes not accurate

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Trump’s proposal: economic, political disaster

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Peeps or sugary demons?

• Summer break too short

Opinion

Parental pressure affects student success

Auburn Riverside Student Voice
Summer break too short